Add your 5-minute lightning talk topic you can personally present as part of the unconference, about wiki topics or anything Free Culture-related. (actual schedule for lightning talks will be determined the day of). Last-minute entries always accepted! For examples, see the range of ideas in 2014's lightning talks. The schedule of the conference is still being organized and we will try to facilitate as many of these suggestions as possible.
Sign up for 5-minute talks
Please sign up here, and include your lightning talk topic.
- Covering the Hay Festival in Wales as an accredited Wikipedian -- Fuzheado (talk) 17:30, 23 July 2016 (EDT)
- Science and Technology Photo Upload Campaign and Edit-a-thon, bringing MIT students, staff, faculty, and Wikipedians together Rtbhive (talk) 17:05, 25 August 2016 (EDT)
- Free Culture and Sutton SignWriting -Slevinski (talk) 12:48, 29 August 2016 (EDT)
- How to create a local WikiSalon, why it is relevant and some tips to pull it off - Checkingfax (talk) 17:16, 29 August 2016 (EDT)
- I will recount how a painting looted by the Nazis from the National Museum collection in Warsaw during World War II was returned to Poland in 2012 with the help of Wikipedia Alextheblade (talk) 13:31, 30 August 2016 (EDT)alextheblade
- Women in Red's A+F 3/2016 editathon - User:Rosiestep
- Add yours here, and sign you name with four tildes like this - ~~~~
- WikiThree: a project to have GLAM institutions nominate three articles to improve. How might we get the community of editors engaged to help improve articles identified by this effort? -- Fuzheado
- The plural of volunteers is not always a community. How can we transform a group of enthusiastic volunteers with little knowledge on Wikimedia and the FOSS movement into a true community? -- Andycyca
- Engagement in large countries. North America is the set of the 2nd, 4th and 13th largest countries in the world (by area). What kind of troubles arise with such distances? How can we address them? -- Andycyca
- What is the right pay for Wikipedians in Residence? Are we pricing according to the value they bring to organizations, and does it even make sense to come up with a set of standard pay scales? -- Fuzheado (talk) 10:05, 25 August 2016 (EDT)
These are planned for either Sunday morning or evenings, after the formal schedule has concluded.