On Thursday August 10, we are holding wide-ranging unconference sessions, when anyone can propose or spontaneously organize a mini-presentation, discussion, or workshop on a wiki-related topic.
We also will be holding lightning talks at the end of the day.
For any questions about the unconference, please contact our unconference unmoderator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add your 5-minute lightning talk topic you can personally present as part of the unconference, about wiki topics or anything Free Culture-related. You will be cut off strictly at 5 minutes. Feel free to use slides from a laptop you bring, though this is completely optional.
Last-minute entries always accepted! For examples, see the range of ideas in 2016's lightning talks. The schedule of the conference is still being organized and we will try to facilitate as many of these suggestions as possible.
Sign up for 5-minute talks
Please sign up here, and include your lightning talk topic. (currently scheduled for Thursday 4pm)
- - How you can make a huge impact in making citations better - try writing Zotero translators for Citoid. -- Fuzheado (talk) 01:31, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
- - North American and European schools also need offline Wikipedia -- Gabe1290 (talk) 10:30, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
- - WikiProject Metropolitan Museum of Art -- Pharos
- - My Experiences -- Adjoajo
- - Wiki collaboration -- Krish Dulal
- - Haitian Creole Wikipedia and the work that needs to be done Kreyolnyc (talk)
- - Klexikon - wiki encyclopedia for children Ziko (talk) 13:27, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
- - Automated FOIA: Wikidata and Wikisource – L235 (talk) 14:38, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
- - The big "oops": where are the LGBTQ sessions at Wikimania? - RachelWex & Mozucat
- Mobile Wikidata Game in action - Fuzheado
- Post your idea here. If you have a preferred timeslot, please state when.
- How to podcast
- Planning a regional Wikimedia conference
- Using off-line Wikipedia in a connected society
- Pragmatic uses of oral history on-wiki.--Pharos (talk) 19:53, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
- Presentation clinic - practice and get feedback on your Wikimania presentations
- Editathon campaigns
- Wikipedia Day 2018
- Wikidata - Documenting Transatlantic Slave Trade
- ReCentering Blackness in Wikipedia using Haitian Creole wiki as an example - Kreyolnyc (talk) (Thursday Morning or Afternoon Session)
Sign up in the above "Ideas (unsorted)" section. Conference organizers will determine which ones go into the timeslots below:
Morning (11:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Introduction to Unconference (etherpad)
- Planning • Brainstorming • Voting • Sorting
- 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM
- Hour session: Roundtable/facilitated discussion - Innovating edit-a-thons and meetups (etherpad)
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Afternoon (1:30 - 3:30 PM)
- 1:30 - 2:15 PM
- 2:15 - 3:00 PM
- 3:00 - 3:30 PM
These are planned for either lunchtimes or breaks. See 2017/Schedule.
- Thursday Lunch (12:30 - 1:30 PM)
- Other times