WikiConference North America 2019
You're invited! Join Wikipedia and Wikimedia enthusiasts for the annual continental conference.
WikiConference North America is the annual conference of Wikimedia enthusiasts and volunteers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The 2019 conference will take place in Cambridge, Massachusetts, November 8-11. Join Wikipedia, -media, -data, and -cite enthusiasts for a long weekend of collaboration and discovery.
- Our main host is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- This year's theme is reliability/incredibility
- Participation in conference activities includes compliance with our friendly space policy.
- Scholarships: Submit here by September 20
- Programming Submissions: Submit here by September 20
- Registration info: Coming soon!
- Travel & accommodation info: Coming soon!
Programs & activities
Stata Center, MIT
Address: Building 32, 32 Vassar Street, Cambridge MA, 02139
- This is a draft; program submissions and scheduling of the main conference + satellite events to be determined.
- November 8 - 11, 2019.
- Main conference
- Keynotes, community presentations, round-table discussions, panels, and lightning talk sessions.
- Main session themes to include: credibility and reliability; Flexibility, experimentation, and unreliable draft spaces; news and current events; citations and sourcing
- Satellite activities
- Hackathon + tech demos
- Our annual Culture Crawl, a day-long event where we collaborate with local museums, libraries, cultural, and metropolitan institutions to host free backstage tours, edit-a-thons, and more. These crawls are a fantastic opportunity for conference attendees to experience the local culture, as well as collaborate with local institutions to improve Wikipedia's coverage of local topics, and to upload new images to Commons.
- To be announced
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- To get involved, add your name below!
Partners + Sponsors
WikiConference North America User Group was formed in 2016 after that year's conference. It is a recognized Affiliate by the Wikimedia Foundation. The purpose of the User Group is to assure that the experiences gained at one conference are shared with future year conference organizers. The mission of the User Group includes coordinating the planning and hosting of events under our purview. Additionally, the User Group documents best practices and shares lessons learned with other Wikimedia communities planning and hosting conferences and similar events.