- This page is under construction.
You're welcome to edit and help expand!
About Boston and Cambridge
MIT is located in Cambridge, which is directly north of the main part of Boston across the Charles River. The Saturday–Sunday–Monday portion of the event will take place on the MIT Campus, in Building 32 (the Stata Center). Friday will take place at museums across the area, likely centered in museums in downtown Boston. Our Friday night reception will take place at the Waterworks Museum in downtown Boston.
The public transportation system in Boston and Cambridge is "the T", including both subway and bus. The Kendall Square station on the Red Line subway is the closest to the Stata Center. The Red Line runs north to the rest of Cambridge, and south through Downtown Boston, South Boston, and Quincy.
In addition, the 1 bus stops on Massachusetts Avenue at the center of campus and travels directly across the river into the Back Bay neighborhood; this is a convenient way to access the western branches of the Green Line while avoiding a circuitous route through Downtown Boston.
You must purchase a "Charlie Card" to ride the T -- most subway and many trolley stations have kiosks to do so, but bus stations generally do not. See more about purchasing a Charlie Card and the T system map.
Several hostels are also available in Boston proper. We have a discount code for Hosteling International, available below.
Those looking for a hotel on a budget might consider staying in Quincy, which is a ~30 minute T ride south of Cambridge on the Red Line; you can get rooms in the $100–150 range. Some hotels convenient to T stations include:
- Holiday Inn Express Quincy, short walk to North Quincy station
- Best Western Quincy, walk to North Quincy station
- Howard Johnson, walk to Wollaston station
- Best Western Braintree, short Uber/Lyft to Quincy Adams station
- Extended Stay America, short Uber/Lyft to Quincy Adams station
Note that these are guaranteed rates; public prices may occasionally drop below.
- Boston Marriott Cambridge
- 50 Broadway, Cambridge, MA (5 to 10-minute walk)
- Discounted Rate: $299/night available until October 17th
- Book Here to Secure the Discount
- Hosteling International Boston
- 19 Stuart Street, Boston, MA (15-minute drive)
- Rates ranging from $45-$260/night
- Save 15% by using Wiki19 discount booking code by October 1st
- Save 10% by using Wiki19 discount booking after October 1st while rooms last
Food and Drink
- MIT dining locations
- Clover Food Lab - vegetarian
- Flour - coffee, sandwiches, pastry
- Mamaleh's - Jewish deli inspired restaurant
- Vester - coffee, matcha, sandwiches
- Anna's Taqueria - burritos and tacos with generally clear nutritional info for vegetarian/vegan eaters
- Veggie Galaxy - a slight walk but vegetarian and vegan-friendly diner classics including vegan bakery