WikiConference North America 2019 will include unconference sessions, where anyone can propose or spontaneously organize a mini-presentation, discussion, or workshop on a wiki-related topic.
You are welcome to add yourself to the list below with topics you'd like to present on.
Lightning talk topics
- Cuba: Wikimedians in the improbable country
- Wiki Loves Pride 2019 campaign
- Becoming a Reliable Source: Writing for Off-Wiki Publication
- Caribbean meetup
- IP issues
- Current events on Wikimedia projects
- Edit-a-thon for beginning- to intermediate-level Wikipedians, loosely following the Introductory edit-a-thons model. The goal would be to offer a group of students from Wellesley College (and anyone else who wishes to join) an opportunity to deepen their understanding of how to edit Wikipedia effectively. I would hope for a minimum of 3 hours, which would include a brief introduction and Q&A session, followed by group editing on a specific topic (most likely, U.S. newspapers), with opportunities for sharing back to the group. I'd be happy to work with other in planning and/or executing the session -- please contact me by email if you'd like to collaborate. -Pete Forsyth (talk) 22:27, 30 September 2019 (UTC)