Submissions:2014/Commons Photography Project Posters
- Title of the submission
- Commons Photography Project Posters
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Visual Display
- Author of the submission
- Dorothy Howard
- E-mail address
- OR drohowa
- US state or country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia NYC
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
This project will showcase one of the more popular and widely-covered successful Wikimedia Commons projects of photographer Evan Amos, which has helped widen awareness about Commons and the availability of public domain images on the web.
This instal will be set up on easels holding printed posters created for each with a different photo theme (electronics, food/candy, daily objects) to showcase the quality and breadth of his work. These will showcase his successful 'stock' photography documenting food, electronics, and video games among other things.
- Evan Amos' project on Commons
- Kickstarter page
- [http://gigaom.com/2013/11/01/wikipedia-photographer-launches-kickstarter-campaign-for-an-online-video-game-museum/ Gigaom "Wikipedia photographer launches kickstart campaign for an online video game museum."
- 3 easels to hold posters (borrowed from NYLS)
- 3 printed posters (printed cost $100-$150)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.