Submissions:2014/Open Access Panel
- Title of the submission
- Lightning Talks
- Themes (Proposal Themes - Community, Tech, Outreach, GLAM, Education)
- Community, Tech
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Lightning Talks
- Author of the submission
- Jen Baek
- E-mail address
- US state or country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia NYC
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Whose to Use? And Use As They Choose? Creative Commons Licenses in Wikipedia and Scholarly Publishing. - What are the current intersections between OA and Wikimedia, and why they are relevant to one another; what Wikimedians have been doing to increase the use of OA materials; why, despite the ideological and practical linkages between the OA and Wikimedia movements, it has been difficult to deepen the intersections between the two; and what strategies and initiatives Wikimedians and OA activists could pursue to build stronger and more profound linkages between Wikimedia and OA in the future.
Nick Shockey Director of Programs and Engagement, SPARC Director, Right to Research Coalition
OA advocacy and efforts made on the legislative front.
What Scholarly Publishing Can Learn about Openness from Wikipedia Focus on licensing, the CC-BY license and Creative Commons licensing.
David Carroll (via Skype)
Tech solutions to research paywalls: OA Button
The OA session will be followed by a talk titled, Signaling Open Access References: http://wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/Submissions:Signalling_Open_Access_References
- Length of presentation/talk (see Presentation Types for lengths of different presentation types)
- 75 Minutes
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.