Submissions:2014/Panel: Wikipedia Campus Ambassador Program NYC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 01:13, 31 August 2016 by SuperHamster (talk | contribs) (→Interested attendees: Moving from Category:Submissions to Category:Submissions/2014)
- Discussion involving faculty and students from CUNY and possibly other New York area universities who have conducting semester-long Wikipedia assignments in 2014
- Themes (Proposal Themes - Community, Tech, Outreach, GLAM, Education)
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Author of the submission
- Ann Matsuuchi
- E-mail address
- US state or country of origin
- New York
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- CUNY-LaGuardia Community College
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Panel: Presentation and discussion with faculty and students from CUNY, LaGuardia Community College and the CUNY Graduate Center who have conducted Wikipedia class assignments during the Spring 2014 semester.
- Part 1: ENG103 class at LaGuardia Community College, Spring 2014 "Wikifying Octavia E. Butler's Kindred." - Panelists include: Professor Ximena Gallardo C.,Darrian Jemmott, Brengi Maximo-Lopez, Christopher Lynch, Maysa Nurnepesova, Joshua Parker and Unue Perez.
. - Throughout the semester, students simultaneously worked on collaboratively editing the entry for the text studied, Octavia Butler's Kindred and writing individual thesis-based research papers.
- Part 2: Interactive Technology & Pedagogy Core 2 class at the CUNY Graduate Center, Spring 2014 - Panelists include: Professor Michael Mandiberg, Professor Maura Smale,
- Length of presentation/talk (see Presentation Types for lengths of different presentation types)
- 60 Minutes
- Slides or further information (optional)
Slides [soon!] and video [hopefully] For more info about these classes:
- Wikipedia course page for ENG103 class at LaGuardia Community College, Spring 2014
- Wikipedia course page for Interactive Technology & Pedagogy Core 2 class at the CUNY Graduate Center, Spring 2014
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Jami (Wiki Ed) (talk) 17:38, 21 May 2014 (EDT)
- Add your username here.