Submissions:2015/Art+Feminism 2016, planning meetup
From WikiConference North America
- Art+Feminism 2016, planning meetup
- community, outreach, GLAM
- Type of submission
- Jacqueline Mabey & Michael Mandiberg
- E-mail address
- Jacqueline Mabey (User:Failedprojects) & Michael Mandiberg (User:Theredproject)
- CUNY, Art+Feminism
- A 60-75 minute organizing meet up for past and future organizers of Art+Feminism nodes to share experiences, and plan for our 2016 editathons, which will take place the weekend of March 5th & 6th. Two of the lead organizers, Jacqueline Mabey, and Michael Mandiberg, will be present to facilitate the planning meeting.
- About Art+Feminism: Over the weekend of International Women’s Day, March 6-8, 2015, approximately 1500 participants convened in 75 locations in 17 countries, on 4 continents, to edit Wikipedia articles on women and the arts. During, this day, nearly 400 new articles were created and over 500 articles received significant improvements. 1500 people attended globally, putting this event in line with attendance at Wikimania. The event was covered by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and ARTnews, among many others. This was a productive and substantial growth from the inaugural 2014 event, which had around 600 participants in 31 locations and created 101 new articles, and improved 90. For our efforts, the organizers of the 2014 edit-a-thon were named to Foreign Policy magazine’s list of Leading Global Thinkers.
- Length of presentation
- 60-75 min. for workshop (prefer 75)
- Special schedule requests
- Prefer not to present Friday because of work schedule.
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).