Submissions:2015/Disputed Notability - A Hands on Workshop
- Disputed Notability - A Hands on Workshop
- Kasey Baker and Frank Jones
- Kayz911 and Frankcjones:
- North Carolina Triangle Wikipedians:
- Notability, what does it mean within Wikipedia? This is a subject that many of us have wrestled with far too often, yet we are left to our personal threshold for what we establish to be notable.
In our presentation, we will show you just how arbitrary this could be, by presenting a selection of Wikipedia articles, some have been accepted and some have been rejected for lacking notability. Decide for yourself if an article should be accepted or rejected, and then learn the fate of the article and what the community said about it. Together, let’s have a frank discussion whether or not notability standards are being applied fairly, or if we should take a real look into establishing some concrete notability guidelines.
Participants should come away with a keen understanding of this dilemma, how notability is currently defined, and some solutions to improve the standard.:
- 60 mins
- Special schedule requests
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- maybe depending on if we get a scholarship or not
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).