Submissions:2015/Where in the World is Wikipedia: A Look at the Geographic Distribution Audited Content on the English WIkipedia
- Where in the World is Wikipedia: A Look at the Geographic Distribution Audited Content on the English Wikipedia
- Thomas Fish
- E-mail address
- tfish [at] guerillero.net
In recent years there has been a large discussion of systemic bias, what topics are not covered, on the English Wikipedia. The majority of those discussions have focused on what topic areas are less covered and very little work has been done to look at where the majority of articles reside, geographically. Using audited content, good articles and featured articles, as the data corpus, I am going to show where in North America has the highest density of high quality articles on the English Wikipedia and where is lacking.
- Length of presentation
- 15 min
- Special schedule requests
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- Maybe. It depends on my employment situation
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Gamaliel (talk) 15:59, 21 August 2015 (EDT)
- Smartyllama (talk) 23:17, 22 August 2015 (EDT)
- NegMawon (talk) 18:24, 24 August 2015 (EDT)
- --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 18:27, 28 August 2015 (EDT)
- Gaurav (talk) 17:51, 29 August 2015 (EDT)
- Fuzheado (talk) 12:14, 31 August 2015 (EDT)
- Jami (Wiki Ed) (talk) 13:17, 1 September 2015 (EDT)
- Samantha (Wiki Ed) (talk) 14:03, 3 September 2015 (EDT)
- Tokyogirl79 (talk) 05:54, 9 September 2015 (EDT)