Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A first round of WikiProject X: the journey and results
- Type of submission
- E-mail address
- zhorishna at gmail
- I am totally a Wikipedian.
- This presentation will focus on our work on WikiProject X, a project funded by a Wikimedia Foundation Individual Engagement Grant to research and improve the WikiProject experience on the English Wikipedia, where WikiProjects are community spaces dedicated to specific subjects or goals.
- This will partially be a rehash of the wikimania presentation we did, but with more conclusions on account of this part of the project actually being concluded at this point, as well as, on account of it probably being only the designer presenting this time, a much heavier emphasis on the design process and how horrible it all was.
- To sum it all up in a nice list, because we all like lists:
- Our research on the existing state of WikiProjects
- Stories, pilot project volunteers, etc
- Horrible reality - scripts, hacks, initial pilot, bots, wikidata stuff
- More mockups!
- Pilot projects and lessons learned from initial iteration
- AGH THE HORROR WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT?!
- Why didn't it occur to us sooner to actually use a workflow manager for a project about improving workflows?
- Second batch of pilot projects
- Wrap up and things to explore and work on in the future
- Length of presentation
- 30 min or so
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- If I get a scholarship
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).