Submissions:2016/Understanding Wikipedia readership: Our results for our phone survey in Mexico
- Understanding Wikipedia readership: Our results for our phone survey in Mexico
- Type of submission
- Dan Foy / DFoy (WMF) and Jorge Vargas / JVargas (WMF)
- E-mail address
- JVargas (WMF)
- Wikimedia Foundation
The goal of this talk is to present the Global Reach team’s research in Mexico. We will share how the team worked on phone surveys in this country, along a larger strategy across the globe (surveys in Mexico, Brazil, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana, and India). We will be sharing the Mexico phone survey results , which will contain relevant information about general internet usage and habits, as well as awareness and usage of Wikipedia.
During the talk, we will present how this complements a larger, cross-functional WMF project: the New Readers initiative , and how our team participated during this research in Mexico. The expected outcome of this talk is for the attendees to understand what the Global Reach team has learned about our readers in Mexico and how we can extend the reach of Wikimedia projects in Mexico and the other regions we serve via strategic partnerships.
- Length of presentation
- 30 min (20 min presentation + 10min Q&A)
- Special schedule requests
- Preferable scheduled for Sunday October 9th
- Preferred room size
- 20-30 people
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
- Most likely
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).