Submissions:2016/WikiDataScape: A Cytoscape Browser for WikiData
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- WikiDataScape: A Cytoscape Browser for WikiData
- Health care and science
- Type of submission
- Gregory Stupp
- E-mail address
- The Scripps Research Institute
- WikiDataScape is a Cytoscape app for interactive browsing of WikiData. Cytoscape is an open source bioinformatics software platform for visualizing complex networks. Wikidata is a free and open knowledge base that can be read and edited by both humans and machines, and acts as central storage for structured data. The purpose of this app is for the query, navigation, and data discovery of linked data, with WikiData as the data source. WikiData currently has, and continues to add a wealth of information that is a great interest to researchers and even the general public. However, it is very difficult for the average non-technical user to perform and visualize complex data using the SPARQL endpoint. This software enables point-and-click navigation and visualization of linked data from WikiData, and interfaces with the plethora of network analysis tools in Cytoscape, opening up the world of WikiData to everyone.
- Length of presentation
- 20 mins
- Special schedule requests
- Preferred room size
- Presentation Link
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.