Submissions:2018/Developing GLAM Partnerships, a Workshop
- Developing GLAM Partnerships, a Workshop
- Theme (optional)
- Type of submission
- Alex Stinson
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Astinson (WMF)/Sadads
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- An introduction to the basics of GLAM and other programmatic partnerships and their life cycles, and an introduction to some basic strategies for evaluating the likelihood of a GLAM partnership being successful. Come learn the common questions you should ask yourself before going into a conversation about a potential partnership.
The goal of the workshop will be to help folks understand the broad range of opportunities in the GLAM Wiki space, and then help them think through the basic approach to establishing and developing partnership activities with different institutions.
The workshop is based on a similar workshop that I have run at Learning Days at Wikimania: see the slide deck-- but will include different community collaborators.
- Length of presentation
- 60 minute workshop
- Special requests
- Preferred room size
- 25, or 50
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- Yes, Wikimania Learning Days at Cape Town.
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).