Submissions:2018/JADE: complementing artificial intelligence with human judgment
From WikiConference North America
Revision as of 23:40, 21 August 2018 by James Hare (James Hare moved page Submissions:2018/JADE: A new platform for tagging edits and contradicting AI to Submissions:2018/JADE: complementing artificial intelligence with human judgment: I came up with a better name)
- JADE: A new platform for tagging edits and contradicting AI
- Theme (optional)
- Tech & Tools
- Type of submission
- James Hare
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Harej (WMF)
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- JADE, the Judgment and Dialogue Engine, is a feature under development that will complement the automatic judgment of ORES with thoughtful human-contributed annotations. The ORES service makes rapid predictions about the quality of edits and articles. With a site as big as the English Wikipedia, ORES helps administrators and patrollers do their work more efficiently by automatically triaging tasks. However, ORES does not always get it right. JADE will allow human contributors to step in and add annotations to pages, article revisions, and individual edits (diffs), matching the types of predictions that ORES makes. During this presentation I will explain how JADE works and its potential to make the work of Wikipedians more efficient.
- Length of presentation
- 15 minutes not including questions, 30 with questions?
- Special requests
- Preferred room size
- No idea
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.