Submissions:2018/Life beyond TEXT: maps, graphs, data, and the future of interactivity
- Life beyond TEXT: maps, graphs, data, and the future of interactivity
- Theme (optional)
Tech & tools
- Type of submission
- Yuri Astrakhan
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
By the time you finish reading this, your mind will wonder to a new topic. In the age of information overload, text is simply not enough to keep one's focus, and to fully get the message across. An image on the other hand will grab more attention, will convey the point to a greater extent, and may actually convince and educate the reader. Minard's graph of Napoleon's war was probably as damaging as the actual losses - for it, in one picture, told much more than entire books.
- Length of presentation
- Special requests
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- yes, NY, Wikimanias
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).