Submissions:2018/Wikipedia + Libraries: Better Together
< Submissions:2018Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:53, 26 August 2018 by Norwegianblue (Added username to indicate interest)
- Wikipedia + Libraries
- Better Together:
- Theme (optional)
- Relationship Building & Support
- Type of submission
- Merrilee Proffitt
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- OCLC Research
- The Wikipedia + Libraries: Better Together program was an online training program for over 250 librarians and library workers in US public libraries. The program, which was run by OCLC's WebJunction team, sought to "meet librarians where they are" and helped them gain familiarity with Wikipedia and to develop their own engagement plans for incorporating Wikipedia in their work.
- Length of presentation
- 20 minutes
- Special requests
- Preferred room size
- largish -- I think this is a topic that is of broad interest.
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- We gave an update on the project when it was in flight at last year's conference. We have also presented at multiple library conferences but this would be an opportunity to update the Wikimedia community now that the project has been completed.
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).