Submissions:2019/Wikimedia in humanitarian contexts
For follow-ups, see Wikimedians for Disaster Response.
- Wikimedia in humanitarian contexts
- Reliability of Information
+ Relationship Building & Support
+ Inclusion and Diversity
+ Editor Recruitment & Retention
+ Tech & Tools
+ Harassment Civility & Safety
Type of session:
- Round Table
Wikimedians engage in various ways with humanitarian contexts, e.g. by
- covering disasters, disaster preparedness and relief operations as well as organizations, communities or professions engaged in such activities, the methods and equipment they use, applicable standards etc.
- translating or illustrating such coverage
- organizing events in this space
Many of these Wikimedia activities happen with little coordination across wikis, so the aim of this session is to discuss conditions under which such coordination would be useful and doable, and to come up with some ideas on how to go about such coordination in practice.
Academic Peer Review option:
- Daniel Mietchen
- Wikimedians for Disaster Response; University of Virginia
- 60 min
Preferred room size:
- Support for remote participation
Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?:
If your submission is not accepted, would you be open to presenting your topic in another part of the program? (e.g. lightning talk or unconference session)