Submissions:2021/Building Organizing Tools for Campaigns and Editing Events
- Building Organizing Tools for Campaigns and Editing Events
- Global & Local, Tech & Tools
Type of session:
Do you organize or participate in Wikimedia campaigns, such as WikiGap, Wiki Loves Monuments, or #1Lib1Ref? If yes, please join our talk! The Campaigns team is a new team at the Wikimedia Foundation, focused on building and improving tools for campaign organizers and participants. As our first project, we’ll be building an on-wiki event registration system. We invite you to learn about our first project, as well as other tools we may build for campaign organizers.
We will spend the first half sharing our thoughts on the direction of the team, but then focus on collecting feedback from the community. We are requesting 45 minutes: about 20 minutes of presentation and 25 minutes of feedback and conversation. For more information, see: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team
Academic Peer Review option:
- Astinson (WMF) and IFried (WMF)
- Wikimedia Foundation
Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?:
- Yes, we are socializing this across Wikimedia communities -- but want feedback from the community in North America -- so want to build this special space
If your submission is not accepted, would you be open to presenting your topic in another part of the program? (e.g. lightning talk or unconference session)
- We could build it into unconference if we needed to.