Submissions:2021/Caribbean Digital Human Rights Community Workspace & Edit-A-Thon
- Caribbean Digital Human Rights Community Workspace & Edit-A-Thon
- Global & Local, Relationship Building & Support, Inclusion & Diversity, Depth & Breadth for Newer Editors
Type of session:
The session will focus on enabling Caribbean civil society organizations with the tools to continue their work in advocacy through novel means, like Wikipedia. The session's aim is to, at the end, equip new or unfamiliar audiences with the means to manage the task of explaining more complex and polarizing phenomena on Wikipedia, while maintaining modalities as MoS, NPOV, etc. This session will help to support future learnings within the pool of concerned CSOs on information salience within the Caribbean and tell of the mediating effect that greater ease-of-access through Wikipedia would obtain.
Academic Peer Review option:
- Wikimedians of the Caribbean
- 2 hours
- Translation support for Spanish and French-Speaking attendees
Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?:
- Yes; Zoom roundtable on September 16.
If your submission is not accepted, would you be open to presenting your topic in another part of the program? (e.g. lightning talk or unconference session)