Submissions:2014/Bringing More Women to Free Software: What's Working for Us
- Title of the submission
- Bringing More Women to Free Software: What's Working for Us
- Themes (Proposal Themes - Community, Tech, Outreach, GLAM, Education)
- Community, Outreach
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Author of the submission
- Karen Sandler
- E-mail address
- US state or country of origin
- New York
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Software Freedom Conservancy, GNOME
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikimedia has participated in GNOME's successful Outreach Program for Women, where we are producing measurable success at improving the participation of women in free and open source software. We have almost 30 participating free software organizations (and at the time of this proposal 30 participants all over the world.) Karen will talk about what's working for us and how those lessons might apply to Wikipedia.
- Length of presentation/talk (see Presentation Types for lengths of different presentation types)
- 30 minutes is probably ideal, but I could do a shorter talk or a longer session with a discussion.
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- Most likely
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
- I have limited availability on May 31.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).