Submissions:2016/Much Ado About Budgets, Or How to Estimate and Exhaust Grant Funds
- Much Ado About Budgets, Or How to Estimate and Exhaust Grant Funds
- Advocacy & Outreach
- Type of submission
- Amanda Bittaker
- E-mail address
- Learn how to accurately and transparently estimate costs and track spending throughout a grant cycle.
In a clearly laid out budget, your funder can see the reasoning behind your expense estimates, reducing the back-and-forth before a grant gets approved. And less uncertainty how budget is allocated and when it is spent allows you to maximize the usefulness of financial resources.
This workshop comprises:
- Brief overview of framework for budgeting and spending a budget for a grant
- Demonstration of budgeting and budget vs. actual spending templates that track expenditures in relation to your budget
- In small groups, practice using the framework to draft a budget and track expenditures through a grant cycle
Topics covered will include:
- A process for building a transparent and effective budget
- Planning for shared costs
- Planning for administrative costs
- How to track spending through the grant to achieve maximum cost recovery
- Length of presentation
- 50 min.
- Special schedule requests
- Preferred room size
- 20-30, small working group format preferred.
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.