Submissions:2014/Wikipedia’s Role in Four Different Types of Librarianship
- Title of the submission
- Themes (Proposal Themes - Community, Tech, Outreach, GLAM, Education)
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- User:Or drohowa
- US state or country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Metropolitan New York Library Council Wikipedian-in-Residence
- Personal homepage or blog
- Since the launch of the Wikipedia Loves Libraries campaign in 2011, New York cultural heritage institutions have embraced Wikipedia as a means to connect their patrons to the world, and the world to their collections. This panel will explore how different types of institutions engage with Wikipedia. Case studies will be presented by individuals engaging in Wikipedia projects in 4 areas of librarianship: the academic library, the public library, the private cultural library, and the museum library. Each case study will offer insight into the symbiotic relationship between reference materials, the institutions that provide access, and Wikipedia.
- Length of presentation/talk
- 75 minutes
1 hour long:
10 minutes each/ 4 speakers
20 minutes of question time and discussion
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.