Submissions:2015/Video in Wikimedia: Today and Tomorrow
- Video in Wikimedia: Today and Tomorrow
- Tech and community
- Type of submission
- Panel and workshop
- Andrew Lih, Brion Vibber
- E-mail address
- American University, Wikimedia Foundation
- Andrew Lih, American University, Wiki Makes Video
- Brion Vibber, Wikimedia Foundation
- Mike Nolan, Mozilla
- Jake Johnson, Internet Archive
- State of open video standards - Overview of Ogg Theora and WebM
- Community RFC on using MPEG-4 - January 2014 RFC on video standards adoption and using patent encumbered formats
- Implications of open source requirements for users, creators and uploaders - formats, editing tools, browsers, codecs
- Rationale, design and implementation of the German Schnittserver (editing server) project
- Overview of video content statistics and applications in English Wikipedia
- Designing a fully distributed collaborative video editing ecosystem for the future
- Partner: Mozilla Webmaker Popcorn - a browser-based multimedia assembly interface
- Partner: Internet Archive for uploading, transcoding and storage
- How to create a wiki-like workflow for distributed collaborative video production
- What do video equivalents of edit history, diffs, recent changes, et al. look like?
- How are functions like logging, storyboarding or script writing supported in such a system?
- What additional tools might video makers need to collaborate?
- Workshop (time permitting, or in the Unconference)
- One goal is to get feedback from the audience on how to create a "concept video" that best illustrates how a final system might function
- What topic would be ideal to make a "footage call" so that anyone in the world could shoot video and contribute to a larger montage video?
- What like-minded institutions or existing video communities should we be working with?
- Length of presentation
- 45 to 60 minutes
- Special schedule requests
- Saturday preferred, for Brion Vibber's schedule
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.