Submissions:2018/Advancing Gender Equity: Conversations with Movement Leaders
< Submissions:2018Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Theme (optional)
- Inclusion & Diversity
- Type of submission
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight (some WMF staff who are involved in this project may attend and present with me)
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- WikiWomen's User Group
- In 2017, the Gender Diversity Mapping project conducted interviews with 65 Wikimedian women who are leading gender gap activities across the globe. These women represent 29 countries and 26 language Wikipedias. In this session, the lead interviewer, Rosiestep, will present the full findings from the interviews. Participants will:
- Receive an overview of data collected through 65 interviews in 2017 with women Wikimedians leading gender gap work in 29 countries
- Gain a working understanding of the global diversity of gender gap activity across the Wikimedia, with respect to contributors, governance, community culture, implicit bias and more
- Be invited to submit ideas about strategies for further action
- gender gap
- knowledge equity
- gender diversity
- Report on Meta: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gender_equity_report_2018
- Wikimania 2018 slidedeck: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Advancing_Gender_Equity_Wikimania_2018.pdf
- Length of presentation
- 30 minutes, including Q&A
- Special requests
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- Yes; Wikimania 2018. Also, presented preliminary findings at Wikiwomencamp 2017, Wiki Diversity Con 2017, WCNA 2017
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).