Safe Space Policy
The organizers of WikiConference North America are dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, religion, marital status, or veteran status.
Harassment includes offensive comments related to any protected personal characteristic, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. This applies to everyone, including event staff and sponsors. Our conduct policies can be found on Wikimedia DC's website and on Meta-wiki at Friendly space policies.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of event staff immediately. Event staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
- Wikimedia Conference organizers:
- Sydney Poore: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight: email@example.com
- Balboa Park
- The Balboa Park Visitors Center Hours 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily for lost items and questions
- Phone: (619) 239-0512
- San Diego Central Public Library:
- Phone: 619-236-5800
- Address: 330 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA 92101
- San Diego emergency phone number: for safety, security, and medical emergencies; police and ambulance: dial 911