Friday, November 8
Friday is the conference's Culture Crawl, a day-long event that includes tours and other activities at various cultural institutions around Boston and Cambridge.
- Our home base for the day will be the Museum of Fine Arts.
- Check-in & name-badge pick-up at the MfA: Friday 9am-5pm - at the MFA’s Fenway entrance (200 Fenway, b/t the two giant baby heads). This is the north entrance, on the opposite side of the museum from the Huntington Ave. entrance. A volunteer will meet you with a complimentary ticket to the Museum (only at this entrance). You will then be directed to the Trustees room, upstairs, where our programming will occur to complete registration.
- Participants will visit local museums and cultural institutions for free backstage tours, edit-a-thons, and more. Participating institutions include:
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- State Library of Massachusetts
- MassArt (Massachusetts College of Art and Design)
- Boston University
- Sessions around GLAM and Wikidata
- Kickoff to our conference-long hackathon, challenging participants to ideate and come up with solutions for problems around information reliability.
- The day's Editathon coordination page on English Wikipedia
Friday evening will be our reception in Boston at the Waterworks Museum. Hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be served.
|Registration will take place throughout the day in the Trustees Room in the Museum of Fine Arts. Come to the Museum's Fenway entrance to receive entrance to the Museum.|
| Training Sessions @ MFA
All sessions take place in the Museum of Fine Arts' Trustees Room.
| Tours & Other Activities|
10:30 - 11:00 AM
11:00 - 12:15 PM
12:15 - 1 PM
1 - 2 PM
2 - 3:15 PM
3:30 - 4:30 PM
4:45 - 5:15 PM
10:30 - 11:15 AM @ MFA, Swan Gallery 245
11 AM - 12 PM @ MFA, 3rd Floor American Wing
11 AM - 12 PM @ MIT, MakerWorkshop
12 - 12:30 PM @ MFA, two galleries
1:30 - 2:30 PM @ State Library of Massachusetts
From 1 PM @ MassArt
2 - 3 PM @ MassArt
3 - 3:45 PM @ MFA, Room 280
3:30 - 4 PM @ Boston University
4 PM - 5 PM @ MIT, MakerWorkshop
5:00 - 5:30 PM — Board buses at the Fenway side of the MFA.
5:30PM - Buses depart for the Reception at the Waterworks Museum.
6:00 - 10:00 PM — Reception at the Waterworks Museum
2450 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02467
We will be hosting an open bar and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
We will also have tours of the Museum!
- Boston University (Mugar Memorial Library): 771 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA
- MassArt: 621 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA
- Museum of Fine Arts: 465 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA
- MIT MakerWorkshop: 127 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA (Building 35, 1st Floor)
- State Library of Massachusetts: 24 Beacon Street, State House Room 341, Boston, MA