< 2021Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Like previous WikiConferences, this conference will be organized by a core team and focused teams or committees on various issues
- Core team: Pharos (Richard) (WMF Liaison), Econterms (Peter) (Budget/finance), Omar, Vico, Brandon, Peaceray
- Logistics team: (translations, broadcast, video, platforms, working w/ Event Manager): Platforms will include presentations (zoom/google meet/jitsi, social spaces like gather, and perhaps broadcast, like Streamyard/youtube; must choose and test these, and how to degrade/backup). Also real-world logistics for the picnics. Might have social time on Clubhouse, before or during the conference or during. So far includes Pharos, econterms, peaceray, jamaicaneditor, omar_sansi, and jfarman. We'll need input from others.
- Program team (running programming proposal process; selections; emails to all submitters; follow-up emails regarding position on schedule; training coordinator; editathon coordinator; academic coordinator; Lightning Talks coordinator): Kevin, BobCummings, Peaceray, Brandon, Richard, Peter, Rosie, Victoria
- Communications team (design logo; outreach emails; social media; Meta page; WCNA wiki page/subpages; pre-/post-surveys); includes Peaceray, jamaicaneditor, jfarman, pharos, econterms
- Scholarships (running scholarship app process, selections)
- Volunteer coordinators (identify roles, seek out volunteers, manage scheduling for them)
- Safe space (check registration, liase with WMF, monitor behavior, take complaints - keep small (2-3 highly-trusted members of the community); full time responsibility during the conference; they are the points of contact for the WMF event-ban list)
- Awards committee? Is that separate, or part of scholarships? communications? a grants committee?
- Fundraising committee - as opportunities present
- Games committee:
- WikiCommons committee (set up category/subcategories)