Submissions:2014/Dealing with abusive admins
From WikiConference North America
- Title of the submission
- Dealing with abusive admins
- Themes (Proposal Themes - Community, Tech, Outreach, GLAM, Education)
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- US state or country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- There has been a rising problem with abusive admins on Wikipedia for the last couple of years. There needs to be a detailed workshop established to document the problem and implement a solution. There are a lot of things that can be done, but the community has been reluctant or incapable of doing them for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is fear of the loss of admins because of changes. Some would argue its not a problem however, when the community can be trusted to vote an editor the tools but it takes a multi month arbitration meeting to remove the tools from an abusive admin, that is a problem that surely anyone can recognize.
- Length of presentation/talk (see Presentation Types for lengths of different presentation types)
- Since this would be more of a workshop, I would say an hour minimum would be needed to establish the problem and discuss it and possible another hour to discuss possible solutions. 75 Minutes
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- Possibly, if I think its being taken seriously
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).