Submissions:2014/Organizations participating in an article about them
- Title of the submission
Organizations participating in an article about themselves
- Themes (Proposal Themes - Community, Tech, Outreach, GLAM, Education)
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- US state or country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
There is a timeless, ongoing discussion about organizations that get involved in an article about themselves and the various tactics that are deployed by their representatives. I've been advised that several editors have an interest in my participating on a panel on the subject, due to my work being hired by organizations to assist and advise them on how to participate in an appropriate fashion.
My views are rather simple and traditional. COI editing is discouraged because the editor is unlikely to be neutral, but it is not forbidden because sometimes a PR person is neutral enough, their client/employer may be treated unfairly, or the article may have factual errors. Good judgement must be used by both parties in each circumstance.
- Length of presentation/talk (see Presentation Types for lengths of different presentation types)
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
Yes, I have already booked travel and board
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.