Submissions:2014/State of Wikidata
- Title of the submission
State of Wikidata
- Themes (Proposal Themes - Community, Tech, Outreach, GLAM, Education)
- Type of submission (Presentation Types - Panel, Workshop, Presentation, etc)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- US state or country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikidata is one of the newest Wikimedia projects, launched in October 2012. It is a platform for structured data to help make it easier to maintain such information (e.g. census data) across the 280+ language editions of Wikipedia and beyond. The talk will begin with a brief introduction of the project, then will discuss how the data is structured, and tools for working with and querying the data. The talk will also talk about what's new in Wikidata, what the development team is working on and what is on the development roadmap.
- Length of presentation/talk (see Presentation Types for lengths of different presentation types)
presentation (15 min?)
- Will you attend WikiConference USA if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).