Submissions:2016/Increasing reach of Wikimedia projects via partnerships
- Increasing reach of Wikimedia projects via partnerships
- Type of submission
- Adele Vrana AVrana (WMF) and Jorge Vargas JVargas (WMF)
- E-mail address
- JVargas (WMF)
- Wikimedia Foundation
The goal of this talk is to present the Global Reach team’s  strategy in Mexico and the other regions we serve. We will mainly focus on:
- What we have learned about our readers in Mexico so far. General internet usage and habits, as well as awareness and usage of Wikipedia.
- Presenting how we use Partnerships to expand the reach of Wikimedia projects.
- Discussing how we work in collaboration with local communities.
- Show examples of concrete opportunities we are working on in Mexico and the region.
- Mexico: Free Wikipedia on WiFi hotspots in underserved neighborhoods.
- Panamá: Offline Wikipedia (via Kiwix) in rural areas
- Argentina: Free Wikipedia on USSD in rural areas
The expected outcome of this talk is for the attendees to understand how the Global Reach team plans to extend the reach of Wikimedia projects in Mexico and the other regions we serve via strategic partnerships, and how we want to collaborate with local affiliates and community at large.
- Length of presentation
- 30 min (20 min presentation + 10min Q&A)
- Special schedule requests
- Preferable scheduled for Sunday October 9th
- Preferred room size
- 20-30 people
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
- Most likely
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.