Submissions:2016/Teaching Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons with video
From WikiConference North America
- Outreach (also GLAM, STEM, and education)
- Type of submission
- E-mail address
- Please use the "Email this user" feature to contact Pine
- Cascadia Wikimedians User Group; presenting in this context as an individual grantee of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Update about the goals and progress of the LearnWiki video series, which is funded by a grant from WMF. The series is intended to be modular and translatable, and suitable for use in classroom and GLAM+STEM environments as well as edit-a-thons. The series includes modules designed for GLAM+STEM professionals who want exposure for their institutions' content on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons, education instructors and administrators, edit-a-thon leaders, students in Wikipedia Education Program environments, and participants in editathon and GLAM+STEM activities that will involve uploading or editing on Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons.
- Length of presentation
- 30 minutes
- Special schedule requests
- Friday or Monday might be preferable if more education and GLAM+STEM leaders will be present on those days.
- Preferred room size
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).