Submissions:2018/Integrating Wikipedia with Augmented Reality Platforms
- Theme (optional)
- Tech & Tools
- Type of submission
- Presentation / Forum
- I. Yosun Chang
- E-mail address
- : <yosun><areality3d.com>
- Wikimedia username
- yosofun / yosun
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- AReality3D Permute.xyz
- We showcase examples of how 3D and data-intensive augmented reality platforms integrate with Wikipedia, and hope to spark the discussion for more robust integration options for this new generation of software. The audience is invited to show or describe their ideal implementation. The presenter will discuss and demo the AR platform she built called ArtformAR, which lets users scan paintings with options to load Wikipedia articles on the painter or painting:
See high level Wikipedia link per painting here: ArtformAR video demo
- Length of presentation
- 15-30min but can be flexible
- Special requests
- Standard presentation room with a projector is fine
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- I've talked and demo'd a bit about augmented reality software I have built, but this would be the first Wikipedia specific one.
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
- Pending travel sponsorship
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.