Submissions:2018/Introduction to Wikipedia for librarians
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Introduction to Wikipedia for Librarians
- Theme (optional)
- Relationship Building & Support
- Type of submission
- Merrilee Proffitt
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- OCLC Research
- Workshop that would gently introduce Wikipedia to librarians, using some of the tools and techniques developed in our Better Together training program. This is different than most training programs that dive right into learning to edit.
- Length of presentation
- 3 hours (ideally this would be before the conference)
- Special requests
- Need a training room and some skilled Wikipedians to assist.
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- I did a dry run of this at the Computers and Libraries Conference with about 10 participants. It was quite succcessful.
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- I have a slidedeck and reworking images might be hard but I can try!
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Willing to volunteer if you need helpers for a large turnout. Gamaliel (talk) 18:52, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
- Shalor (Wiki Ed) (talk) 15:35, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- Mozucat (talk) 01:36, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- Norwegianblue (talk) 19:58, 26 August 2018 (UTC)
- Ronald Sexton (talk) 13:39, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
- Shameran81 (talk) 02:43, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- Add your username here.