Submissions:2018/Pay bounties to developers at-large
- Pay bounties to developers at-large
- Theme (optional)
- Relationship Building & Technical
- Type of submission
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
The Wikimedia Foundation collects donation monies which should be used for technical workers from the large body of developers world-wide, who are not on staff, but would be receptive to payment in the form of offered bounties. The technical staff on salary should be regarded as a part of overall development. Developers at large require bounties, just as developers on staff require salaries. Volunteers form a third category, and though volunteers would still be vital to the community, offering bounties provides incentive for delivering high-skilled work.
Before the Wikimedia Foundation, most development was done on a volunteer basis. With the collection of monies, the idea of exclusively volunteer type developers should be regarded as passe. Allocation of Wikimedia Foundation monies should include:
- solicitations and even bounties for imagining and planning new technical capabilities
- bounties for individuated tasks working toward creating new technical capabilities
- Length of presentation
- Special requests
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).