From WikiConference North America
- The Wiki-disconnected
- Proposal Theme
- Relationship Building & Support
- Academic Peer Review Option
- Presentation Types
- Harold Cardenas Lema
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Columbia University
- There is a world of people who do not have access to the Internet and Wikipedia for various reasons. This does not prevent children from rural schools in the mountains of Peru and young university students in Cuba from accessing their contents in different ways. The disconnection does not mean giving up the information, says a young Cuban who today teaches Wiki content to Peruvian children who have never seen the web. The project "Internet in a Box" is a good example of how knowledge can't be stopped even in the worst scenarios.
- Length of presentation
- 20 minutes
- Special requests
- Possibility to display Microsoft Powerpoint and Video with Sound
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- Several presentations on the Ministry of Education of Peru
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).