Submissions:2018/Using Wikipedia to document marginalized African American Communities
- Using Wikipedia to document marginalized African American Communities and histories
- Theme (optional)
Inclusion & Diversity
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
AfroCrowd New York & WikiMedia New York City
This presentation is to share articles that I have written about historic African American communities and individuals. The presentation will discuss and show 6 to 8 examples of articles; P.W. Chavers early Chicago history and community building, Harlem Renaissance Ballroom and Casino, St Nick's Pub, Connie Williams (Trinidadian) history of early Caribbean immigrant, San Juan Hill New York City, Timbuctoo, New York, Guinea Town Settlement, Hyde Park, NY, Jitu Weusi - African American history struggles for community control of education in NYC 50 years ago. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ml1hZNCd2vW5UWqeCtMFbZiJubEzoPcAtFd2Hly2pFA/edit?usp=drivesdk;Length of presentation: 30 minutes
- Special requests
Lap top with Internet connect
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.