Lightning talks are short presentations one after another, without questions. At WikiConference North America 2021, we expected to have three lightning talk blocks, each 25 minutes or more, with each talk lasting up to five minutes. It's a fast way to learn about a topic, when done well.
Interested in participating? Please sign up below under your preferred time slot!
Block 1: Friday, 4:55 - 5:20 (possibly 6:30) PM Eastern
- Psychological safety by Edward Hayes
- A Lightning-Fast Overview of Wikimedia Foundation Funding Strategy and Programs, by Chris Schilling I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 02:26, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- I'm Not On Facebook (and So Can You), a live demonstration, by Chris Schilling I JethroBT (talk) 20:00, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- Wikimedia is NOT NOT Social Media. Social is Cheap and Easy Nowadays, let's do it the Wiki Way.--Pharos (talk) 03:04, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- A Not So Gentle Introduction to StackOverflow by Gergő Tisza
Block 2: Saturday, 5:15 - 6:00 PM Eastern
- Look Both Ways: Integrating Wikidata and OpenStreetMap – Minh Nguyễn 💬 03:12, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- Turning text from wiki pages into Wikidata lexemes --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 00:20, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- Wikipedia and Clubhouse: an outreach retrospective --Sky Harbor (talk) 16:32, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- International Wikimedia Movement Strategy: Opportunities for the North American region (m:Movement Strategy and Governance)