Submissions:2018/Analyzing and Reporting Attendance across Multiple Events
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Analyzing and Reporting Attendance across Multiple Events
- Theme (optional)
- Editor Recruitment & Retention
- Tech & Tools
- Type of submission
- presentation or workshop
- Loren Koenig et al.
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Wikimedia NYC
- Analyzing and reporting event attendance and editor retention is crucial for both WMF-grantee reporting and guiding organizations in evolving their events, but also notoriously difficult to achieve. Wikimedia NYC has prototyped a method for reporting attendances across multiple events based on Dashboard data. Key features include separate reports for total attendances as well as unique editors, identification of editors recruited in the context of events, identification of returning editors, analysis of coattendances, i.e., events with an overlap in attendees as compared to a given event, and tracking editors (both established and newly recruited) across events.
Workshop only: While this has been useful for the chapter both internally and with reporting to WMF, there seems to be no agreed-upon standard definition of what constitutes ‘retention‘ of an editor. As a consequence, for such analysis and reporting methods to be of comparative value across organizations, some discussion and standardization would be required, which a workshop might serve to get started with. Furthermore, in a workshop setting, attendees from other organizations managing their events and attendee records in Dashboard would be able to experiment with applying the Wikimedia NYC methods to their own context.
See #Appendix some examples of Wikimedia NYC metric reports generated using the proposed method.
- Length of presentation
- 15 min (presentation)
- 45 min (workshop)
- Special requests
- video projector
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
Below are some examples of Wikimedia NYC metric reports generated using the proposed method.