Submissions:2018/Event safety workshop
< Submissions:2018Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Event safety workshop
- Type of submission
- Patrick Earley
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- PEarley (WMF)
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- Trust & Safety, Wikimedia Foundation
- In this session, members of the Wikimedia Foundation’s Trust & Safety team and participants - event organisers or those interested in becoming one - will compare different incident severities and discuss past experiences in organising events. We will act out event safety scenarios, allowing participants to practice approaching those breaching Friendly Space expectations in a safe and controlled environment. This will be tied to the event safety resource kit, which provides a high-level overview of Friendly Space best practices when organising an event.
- Length of presentation
- 30-75 min. for workshops
- Special requests
- Ideally - two wireless mics, projector
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- Yes. We organized a similar workshop at Wikimania 2018, and have presented on this topic at various other events, such as Wikiconference Berlin and Diversity Conference.
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).