Submissions:2018/How MediaWiki works
From WikiConference North America
- How MediaWiki works
- Theme (optional)
- Tech & Tools
- Type of submission
- Brian Wolff
- E-mail address
- Wikimedia username
- Affiliation(s) (optional)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- What happens when you hit save page? How does the website actually work? What are the different pieces that make it work? How do they all fit together. This talk will give a high level overview of how the Wikimedia sites actually work, in the style of "How its made". The talk will be designed for people interested in what the various pieces are in the Wikimedia tech platform, and how they fit together. The talk will be in the form of a high level overview and is designed to be interesting to both technical folks and the less technically inclined.
- Length of presentation
- 45 min
- Special requests
- Projector for slides
- Preferred room size
- Have you presented on this topic previously? If yes, where/when?
- If you will be incorporating a slidedeck during your presentation, do you agree to upload it to Commons before your session, with a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license, including suitable attribution in the slidedeck for any images used?
- Will you attend WikiConference North America if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).